Copy paste project

completed

Hi,
Is it possible to copy and paste projects. we can export projects but then we can only import file by file on a new project.
regards
Jean

Hi Jean,
to copy/paste project copy whole project folder to another device. The project folder is located in the /LocusGis/projects/. Copy this folder to new device and simply start LocusGIS app. Locus automatically ‘import’ it during start.
BR, Petr

1 Like

Hi,
thank you for your solution.
Do you have a solution to copy in the same device?
I tried to modify names of every files and replace names in the files (opened with notepad like text). It doesn’t work. and it makes bug in the other projects.
I wanted to do a base project to copy paste et just have to delete layers in the project in which I work. (it’s comfort, don’t worry if there’s no solution).
Thanks for your support.
BR
Jean

Hi Jean,
I’m sorry but I’m not sure I can understand your last sentence. However to copy whole project:

• create new folder in the /LocusGIS/projects/
  • copy files from project folder you want to copy to the new one. It’s not needed to rename them. Only copy the project.db file and project.lb file

I’d like to mention that’s also possible to ‘copy’ the projects ‘structure’ using templates. The templates can be used for creation the new project that has the same layers and attribute definitions as the original project. It can be useful when you want to create the same project for example on the second device.
To export project as template open Menu - Project - top menu - Export as Template After that you can use exported template when create the new project.

BR, Petr

Hi,
sorry for my poor english. That’s exactly the answer I wanted.
Thank you very much.
BR, jean

1 Like